A Few iPad Class Management Tips
Most teachers are trying to manage the iPad as a shared device. Here are some key tips for to consider. I am sure this list will grow as we continue to learn and use iPads in our own classrooms.
- Assign every student to a shared iPad, this way you know where his or her content is always located.
the iPads and label them! Consider having the wallpaper a picture of the number/name.
- Teach students how to continually back-up work their into the photo album, or a cloud service, or send it through email.
- If cloud sharing is difficult for your campus, learn to pull content from apps during sync with iTunes.
- Incorporate digital citizenship lessons into your curriculum.
- Demonstrate how to conduct an effective and reliable search.
- Integrate "how to" app mini-lessons at the beginning of each class session.
- Do not try everything at once. Focus on one app at a time.
- Add on additional apps as competency grows.
- If using a virtual discussion platform such as Edmodo, review conditions for posting and provide a rubric for discussion groups.